Scotland Excel’s largest ever national framework has been launched, bringing major opportunities for Scottish businesses.
26 Scottish companies have secured places as suppliers on our new energy efficiency contractors framework – 21 of which are micro or SME.
The framework will help councils and housing associations drive forward energy efficiency measures in their properties to tackle fuel poverty, create warmer homes and cut carbon emissions.
The framework will provide easy access to contractors for a range of efficiency measures including wall, floor, loft, window and door insulation, gas boiler and heating systems, electrical storage heaters, solar panels, and domestic and non-domestic energy assessors.
It will also deliver community and employment benefits with contractors committing to delivering a range of measures – including apprenticeships – to the local areas where business is secured.
The Scotland Excel energy efficiency contractors framework is anticipated to be worth £50m – £200m a year and will be in place for 4 years.
There are 30 suppliers to the new framework. They are:
- A.C. Whyte and Co. Ltd (medium), Barrhead
- Absolute Solar and Wind Ltd (Small), Glasgow
- Alternative Heat Ltd (micro) Castle Wellan, NI
- BCA Insulation Limited (medium), Glasgow
- Campbell & Kennedy Ltd (medium), Glasgow
- CCG (Scotland) Ltd (large), Glasgow
- CircoSense Ltd (small), Glasgow
- City Building (Contracts) LLP (large), Glasgow
- City Technical Services (UK) Ltd (medium), Glasgow
- CMS Enviro Systems Ltd (medium), Glasgow
- E.ON Energy Solutions Ltd (large), Coventry
- Easy Heat Systems Ltd (medium), Perth
- Emtec Energy Ltd (small), Uddingston
- Energy and Compliance Technology Limited (small), Wakefield
- Energywise Scotland Ltd (small), Livingston
- Everwarm Limited (large), Bathgate
- Evolve Partnership Limited (micro), Edinburgh
- FES Support Services Ltd (large), Stirling
- Fibreglo Insulations Limited (micro), Cumbernauld
- GMG Contractors Ltd (medium), Glasgow
- Ingen Technical Services (Central) Ltd (small), Uddingston
- Insulated Render Systems (Scotland) Ltd (medium), Airdrie
- IQA Operations Group Ltd (medium), Paisley
- Miller Pattison Ltd (medium), Falkirk
- MP Rendering Ltd (small), Glasgow
- Richard Irvin & Sons Ltd, trading as Richard Irvin Energy Solutions (medium), Aberdeen
- SERS Energy Solutions (Scotland) Ltd (medium), Lockerbie
- Sustainable Building Services (UK) Ltd (medium), Skelmersdale
- T K Murray Electrical Ltd (small), Kilsyth
- Turner Facilities Management Limited (large), Glasgow
Julie Welsh, Director of Scotland Excel, said:
“I welcome the launch of this innovative contract. It is our largest ever in value and brings opportunities for 26 Scottish companies to secure a share of the business.
With sustainability at its core, the contract will support councils and housing associations in their efforts to deliver energy efficiency improvements which will bring benefits to homes for current and future generations.
The contract has been designed to help councils deliver improvements to housing to create warmer, more energy efficient homes, to tackle fuel poverty, and meet national carbon reduction targets, whether through local investment programmes or from national funding allocations.”