E-exporting match-making event helps UK brands sell into China
UKTI and Bank of China host e-commerce event to help British mother and baby goods brands meet buyers from Chinese e-marketplace platforms.
Around 80 British specialist mother and baby goods companies met with 14 Chinese Cross-border platform businesses on 23 March 2016 at Bank of China UK’s London office. More than 120 business meetings took place during the match-making event.
China is a potentially lucrative market for UK businesses catering to mothers and children due to:
- growing affluent middle class
- the ending of its one child policy
- strong demand for safe, high-quality baby supplies
The UK-China retail and e-commerce seminar and match-making event followed the launch of the Bank of China and UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) White Paper on Cross-border E-commerce Service.
Benefits of businesses trading via the cross-border e-commerce platform are:
- significant drop in final sales price
- reduction in branding and promotion costs
- increased market penetration