Businesses can apply for a share of £15 million to support disruptive innovation in any technology area with potential to generate growth.
Innovate UK has up to £15 million for game-changing, cutting-edge or disruptive innovation projects that leads to new products, processes or services.
The open programme
This funding is part of a regular series of open competitions that support good ideas with market potential, no matter where they come from.
Projects can come from any technology, science, engineering or industrial area. They can fit in with any of Innovate UK’s priority sectors – emerging and enabling technologies, health and life sciences, infrastructure systems, and manufacturing and materials – or be outside.
Funding is available for a wide range of projects, from feasibility studies to experimental development that is closer to market.
Priority will be given to proposals that are likely to lead to sustainable growth in productivity or develop products and services that will access new markets overseas. All projects should demonstrate the potential to generate commercial impact and economic growth.
- the competition is open, and the deadline for registration is 9 August 2017
- projects must be led by a business, either working alone or with partners
- total project costs can range between £25,000 and £1 million, and projects can last between 6 and 36 months
- businesses could attract up to 70% of their eligible costs, depending on their size and the type of project
- only one project application may be submitted per applicant per competition round