The Department for International Trade has launched a portfolio of investment opportunities across the UK, which will see thousands of jobs and new home created across the country.
The Minister for Investment, Graham Stuart, launched the portfolio at the UK’s largest property exhibition – MIPIM UK, alongside International Trade Secretary Dr Liam Fox MP.
The portfolio includes:
- Liverpool: The construction of more than 2,000 new homes at Festival Park and 1,000 new jobs in a new urban community at Paddington Village
- Gateshead: 5,000 new jobs at Follingsby Max, a new logistics and distribution centre in Gateshead, and a new 12,500 seater stadium at Gateshead Quays
- Edinburgh: A new world-leading bio and life sciences development at Edinburgh BioQuarter, which will make the city a leading hub for stem cell research
- Belfast: 21,000 sqm of new Grade A office space for the creative and technology sector at The Sixth, further enhancing the city’s growing reputation as a production centre for film and television
- Sussex: A new science and technology park at Burgess Hill, providing more than 90,000 sq metres of commercial space
The projects will create jobs and drive prosperity in local communities whilst contributing positively to the quality of life for local people.
International Trade Secretary Dr Liam Fox MP, said: “It has never been easier to find opportunities for global investment in the UK and these seven projects worth £2Bn give investors the opportunity to do just that.
“Not only will these projects promote our vibrant and successful real estate industry, they also create homes and jobs across the country. As an international economic department, our message is loud and clear: the UK is open for business, and we can help find the right investment for you.”
Minister for Investment, Graham Stuart MP, said: “It’s a privilege for me to launch these new schemes, which will provide new homes and jobs for people across the country.
“The UK is the number one destination in Europe for foreign investment, and we will continue to promote opportunities that help people find decent jobs and develop strong communities.”
The portfolio has been put together by the DIT’s Capital Investment team which leads the government’s drive to attract and support international investment into large scale property, regeneration, infrastructure and energy projects across the UK.