What is CompeteFor?
Following CompeteFor's successful use by the London 2012 Games authorities and their supply chains, the service continues to be used in the supply chain of major capital infrastructure projects, such as Crossrail.
CompeteFor is a free service that enables businesses to compete for contract opportunities linked to major public and private sector buying organisations.
CompeteFor strives to be the national supply chain development service, matching buyers and suppliers. It focuses on opportunities in the supply chains of major capital infrastructure projects. CompeteFor has introduced a number of optional upgrades to further support buyers and suppliers.
CompeteFor delivering to business
- Over 185,000 businesses registered on the website
- In excess of 16,000 business opportunities have been made available
- 75% of CompeteFor awarded contracts going to small or medium sized enterprises (SMEs)
- Two thirds of contracts awarded to CompeteFor suppliers located outside of London.
BENEFITS FOR BUYERS
Approved buying organisations are able to use CompeteFor to:
- Access a wide range of diverse suppliers
- Shortlist suppliers to meet their specific needs
- Identify potential partners for the formation of consortia
Buying organisations can also use the Delta eSourcing suite, to continue the procurement process online after the short listing stage.
BENEFITS FOR SUPPLIERS
By registering on CompeteFor and setting up a Business Profile, suppliers benefit from:
- FREE access to Supply Chain Opportunities
- Daily email alert
- Unique supplier profile